Bridal shoot – with product suggestions, MUA Naomi Mckeever
In this blog I have included some photos from a Leamington Spa bridal shoot I worked on recently.
The dress is from The White Dress Boutique based in Leamington.
I worked with Photographer Matt Gillespie.
Hair Stylist was Emma Whipp.
Model- Monika Brożek
Here are some backstage photos, with product suggestions for creating this look for brides. These images were taken on my digital camera so please excuse the quality!
This is Monika before make-up, as you can see she already has beautiful skin, so I just used a sheer foundation (Face & Body- MAC). Then a heavier concealer in target areas (select cover-up- MAC).
Here's the hair stylist Emma Whipp in action. She did a beautiful braid to frame Monika's face and had the rest of her hair loosely up for part of the shoot and then down for the rest.
I kept the colour palette quite neutral, these sort of soft browns are great for brides as they are flattering and not fashion based, so you won't go off the look years down the line. I made the eyes slightly more smoky than some brides like because the bright flash of the lights tends to bleach it out a little.
- Sublime Nature- paint (water resistant base to get the shadow to last all day)
- Nylon- eye shadow
- Patina- eye shadow
- Ground Brown- eye shadow (Matte mac pro)
- Wedge- eye shadow (mid tone shadow to apply with a fluffy brush #224 through the crease for a seamless blend)
- Foundation- Face & Body
- Concealer- select cover-up
- Give me sun- bronzer
- Warm sole- mineralize blush
- Nylon- eye shadow (as a highlight on top of cheek bones and down the centre of the nose)
- Prep and prime lip ( to get lipstick to last longer)
- Boldly bare- lip liner
- Pattissary- lip stick
- Clear lipglass