I did this Galaxy makeup on request from a client in Leamington Spa as she was going out for Halloween a few years ago.
(All MAC unless specified)
Darker swirl on left eye-
- Chromaline Black
- Pigment Deep blue green
- Reflex glitter Turquatic Pro
Inner light swirl-
- Paintstick white
- pink opal pigment
- Magenta madness pigments
- Rule eyeshadow
- MAC pro acrylic paints- Pure white / Hi-Def cyan
Right softer eye-
- Paintpot Coral crepe
- Pink opal pigment
- Rule eyeshadow
- Feline pencil / Carbon eyeshadow pressed on top with angel brush for liner
- Zoom fast black lash mascara
- Face & body foundation with YSL Touche Eclat on top
- Prolongwear concealer
- Careblend powder
- Pro contour powder
- Morange lipstick mixed with Shy girl lipstick
Free 'Makeup Masters' app is now available at Apple Store, yippee.
📱Please download and let me know what you think!
Search for Makeup Masters on the iTunes Store
Makeup Masters, master your makeup.
This app is for anyone interested in makeup, from beginners to experienced makeup artists.
The reason some celebrities look flawless is because they constantly have a #makeup artist on call 24/7. Now with this free App, you can have your own
glam squad in your pocket.
🎥 Step by step video tutorials.
Articles on looks, trends, and new products.
💄 Product reviews on new and established favorites.
Simply tap to save any product to your own shopping list, with links to places to buy.
💌 Easy sharing of articles, videos & shopping lists
'Celebrity makeup artist Naomi McKeever has over 11 years’ experience that she wants to share with you. As a self-confessed makeup addict she loves to try new products and looks, Naomi’s aim with this app is to help eliminate those difficult expensive product selection mistakes. With her lessons in extremely high demand, this app enables you to learn for free from the comfort of your own home.
Be inspired by the step by step video tutorials see the list of all the products used, read product reviews, link to websites selling the products, and even create your own shopping lists. Shopping lists can be viewed on your iPhone or Apple watch; tap to flag it as purchased. Wish lists can easily be sent to your nearest and dearest.'
Get an honest review from a professional celebrity makeup artist covering
who the product is most suited to.
These will be the lasted looks, timeless beauty, fashion, theatrical, celebrity inspired and many more.
Get the insider info, jam-packed with tips and tricks.
We love watching or reading about other people’s product holy grail products, but it can often be a hassle to try find out where to get your hands on them; with a click of a button, read reviews to see if the product would be suited to your needs and if so, you can add it into your shopping list or click on a link to buy.
❤ Thanks for reading Please share and comment. x
There is no other makeup product like glitter to add some seasonal sparkle, but unless you want to look like a fairy its worth making sure your glitters looked into place.
Products for adhering loose glitter-
- Illamasqua sealing gel- ether use a small layer of the gel over your eye makeup, then press glitter over the top. (I would highly recommend pressing on with fingers rather then a brush, as its extremely hard to get glitter out of brushes!) Or mix glitter with gel and press on top.
- MAC eyeliner mixing medium- Use in the same way as the Illamasqua sealing gel.
- DUO lash glue- press a very small amount or glue over eye lid using your fingers, then press glitter on top. The only problem with using duo lash glue is after a few hours it can feel sticky and uncomfortable. Also be careful not to get glue in your eye lashes or eyes.
For loose glitter don't be tempted to go for regular craft glitter as it can be made from sharp material that could scratch your eyes. Cosmetic glitter is made of special plastic that is non-toxic. It’s colored with pigment rather than dye, so that the color doesn’t leach out and stain. Cosmetic glitter is much finer than craft glitter, and the individual particles are usually rounded rather than gagged, instead go for specially designed glitter-
- MAC glitter (The reflects version is my favorite for beauty looks as its fine, but the chunky version is better for fashion photography as it will show up better).
- NYX Loose glitter powder (budget option, though I do prefer MAC reflects).
Tip: Always keep tape near when working with glitter as its the easiest way to pick up any drop down on the face, just rap the tape around two fingers and gently press on skin.
A nice way of applying glitter is using glitter liners, which are like the loose glitter but premixed with gel, this wont work as well for fashion makeup on a large area, but good for easy personal use or for on TV to makeup sure you don't get as much fall down.
- Urban Decay's Heavy Metal Eyeliner- (good painted on after all eye shadow and liner is applied.)
- Collection Glam Crystals Gel Eyeliner- (budget alternative, a brilliant makeup artist I've worked with at 'The One Show' recommended this product.)
Artical shared from my free 'Makeup Masters' app or for more articals, video tutorials, product reviews and more ether click on this link
Sophie is a talented makeup artist based in Nottingham so the pressure was on to make sure everything was up to scratch.
Primer MAC prep and prime skin.
Foundation MAC face & body & YSL touché éclat.
Concealer MAC select cover up and studio finish.
Cheek Illamasqua dixie cream blusher, MAC Harmony blush as contour, Highlight MAC Pearl cream colour base.
Bronzer Bobbi Brown in medium.Eyes-
Highlight MAC vanilla pigment.
Lid MAC expensive pink.
Crease MAC ground brown and bamboo eyeshadows.
Liner MAC blacktrack and liquidlast pointblack.
Lashes Shu Uemura.Lips-
lipsticks in Vegas volt mixed with Saint Germain.
I've just purchased it in a Pro palette of 4 shades -NC15, W10, NC20, NW20 & 2 colour Correctors in Pale Yellow & Pale Pink. These are a slightly different formula to the studio finish concealers, slightly creamer. Also a friend pointed out on instagram that this formula doesn't have the SPF 35 which is better for photographic purposes, as the SPF is what tends to make the product flash back lighter. It costs £35.
The swatches were done on my skin tone, I'm light, about NC15/NC20 in MAC. The palettes come in light, med, med deep & dark.
Time taken: 10mins
Products used: All MAC
- Ebony lip liner
- Currant lip liner
- Pro lipmix Magenta & Red
- Clear lipglass
- Lip brush #231
Products used: all MAC
- Smolder pencil - sketched through crease
- Carbon eyeshadow - with brush #266 over Smolder
- kid eyeshadow - to blend out the black through the socket line
- Paradisco - pressed onto eyelid
- Blacktrack fluidline - used with the 263# brush along the top lashline and in the inner and outer bottom lashline
- Liquidlast liner- Point black, to help it last and the black look darker
- To the future - Pro longwear lipstick
Here are a few photos I came across from doing the lovely Pixie Lott's makeup. Pixie and her mum are a lot of fun to work with, they are so friendly and chatty. For this performance I used all MAC makeup, in this post I will include a list of the products I used.
You can get the headwear that Pixie Lott has on and other beautiful jewelry from www.rocknrose.co.uk
I used all MAC makeup:
- Prep & Prime- skin
- Prep & Prime highlighter - light boost
- Face & Body foundation
- Select coverup
- Blot powder
- Harmony blush - to contour
- Give me sun - brozer
- Cream blush - Something Special
- Extra dimension highlighter - Whisper of gilt
- Quite natural - Paint pot
- MAC Pro Chromaline - Black Black, Gel liner blended over lid to provide a waterproof, long-wearing jet black eye
- Mac Pro Pigment - Black Black
- Omega eyeshadow, to blend
- Feline pencil Pencil, in the water line
- #36 False lashes
- Omega eyeshadow, used with an angle brush
- Lingering brow pencil, to add definition
- Boldly Bare- lip liner
- To the future - pro longwear lipstick
You can get MAC products from- www.maccosmetics.co.uk
Follow Pixie on- www.facebook.com/pixielott
In this blog post I thought I'd upload the ProChart I designed for doing Rita Ora's makeup for a preformance. I wanted to show the products and technics I used to create the ProChart.
The ProCharts use textured, recycled paper so you can apply makeup straight to them to design your look.
I was kindly asked by a cosmetics company in Bath to be their Marilyn Monroe for an event they held to promote their limited edition Marilyn collection. Although I know I'm no Marilyn ringer I thought I'd give it my best shot; I'm always a fan of a bit of dressing up.