Going for golden
Summers' here and this year the bronzed goddess look is back in the limelight, influenced by the makeup trend terracopper, and the guilty pleasure that is The Only Way Is Essex.
In this post I will cover some examples of bronze icons and my tips for tanning techniques.
I think its better to fake it then bake it so here are my top tips for tanning.
- You would have heard this before but exfoliating is key, I like modern friction from origins, the grainy texture really removes dead skin cells without too much work. Do this 24 hours before you tan.
- I always use surgical rubber gloves to apply the tan, this will stop the palms of your hands going orange.
- When tanning your hands put product onto a cotton pad then glide over them, making sure to work between the fingers.
- Gradual tanners are great for fair skin.
- If your tanning product is too dark, try mixing in some of your body moisturiser.
- St Tropez mousse is really easy to blend and doesn't have a strong odor.
- For the ultimate tan, lotions go darker and last longer on your skin. I use Fake Bake - Xtreme.
- Run an ice cube over your face before tanning as this will close your pores.
- Fake tan before bed as the product will develop on your skin overnight, though you will want to have dark bedding as the tan will transfer, much to my fiancé's annoyance.
- Exfoliate 3 days after tanning to prevent your tan coming off patchy.