Mac spring/ summer 2011 Trends- Part 4
Terra – Copper
Think ‘Makeup through the eyes of a 1970’s makeup artist’...
Caramels and Honeys...
Perfectly placed sculpting using monochromatic shades….
Believable bronzed tones.... Natural and not ‘Tan-tastic’...
Lush, warm, sculpted...
Its un-done perfection!
“It’s about using one bronzer – definitely one without sparkle, like our new mineralize Bronzer – with three brushes! Take a 116 to contour the cheeks, a 224 tapered blending to shade the eye and a 219 pencil brush to line the eyes with a soft shadow near the lash line. Add a dash of lip balm and you’re good to go.” – Gordon Espinet
“It’s very chic, giving dimensions to the face with a very soft illusion of toffees and warm browns – it’s about putting definition into the face without it looking overly makeup-py” – Lisa Butler
- Medium Dark, Medium Deep and
- Dark Mineralize Skinfinish Natural
- Gold Pigment
- Give me Sun! Mineralize Skinfinish Natural (available 2011)
- Goldon Bronze Iridescent Powder/Loose
- Shadowy PRO Sculpting Powder
- Tan Pigment
- Cream Colour Base in Mid-Tone Sepia
- Cream Colour Base in Bronze
- Cream Colour Base in Bamboo
- Cream Colour Base in Luna
- Lust Lipglass
- Freckletone Lipstick
- Chai Lipglass
- Teddy Eye Kohl
Natalie Jane Mitchell and I held a make-up lesson for students at Swindon college on the trends. In this post It includes bits from what we covered with them in our hand-out.
For this demo I took my influence from the Terra-Copper trend. First I did the demo without filling in the model's brows then added them to demonstrate how to make the look very wearable. Natalie and I went through our tips and techniques for creating these looks and how to work in a backstage environment. Then we got the students to pair up and create a look inspired by the 4 spring summer trends and went round giving them feedback; they did an amazing job showing us they'd really listened to the brief and demonstrated their fantastic make-up skills.
Here are some of the products I used:
- Gold Pigment
- Give me Sun! Mineralize Skinfinish Natural to blend through the socket
- Smolder eye liner
- clear lipglass taped on top
- Face and body foundation
- Give me Sun! Mineralize Skinfinish Natural used as a contour
- pearl C.C.B
- studio finish concealer
- clear lipglass