My day as Marilyn. How I did my hair and makeup & where my outfit was from.
I was kindly asked by a cosmetics company in Bath to be their Marilyn Monroe for an event they held to promote their limited edition Marilyn collection. Although I know I'm no Marilyn ringer I thought I'd give it my best shot; I'm always a fan of a bit of dressing up.
Hair- For this Marilyn inspired hairstyle I used
- BaByliss Thermo-Ceramic Rollers.
- Paul Mitchell- heat seal spray, this product is good as it protects your hair from heat and holds the curls all day.
- Hair brush, a good one for back coming for more root volume is a Natural Bristles teasing brush.
- Bobby pins in your hair colour, I get mine from Sally's.
- L'Oreal Elnett Satin Unfragranced Extra Strength Hairspray
I prefer to try and use the smaller rollers for this type of curl. Get small sections of hair, brush the section and spray. Leave rollers in for as long as possible until they are cool. Once rollers are out, brush out.
If you have long hair like mine, simply lift up your hair into the bob length then push the bobby pins in a upwards direction towards your scalp, you don't actually need many pins to keep style in place.
Makeup (all MAC)-
- Prep & prime- skin
- Studio fix fluid
- Studio careblend powder
- Harmony- blush, to contour (for tips on skin and contouring go to- )
- Limited edition blush- Legendary
- Penultimate- liner, for mole
- Painterly- paint pot
- Gesso- eye shadow, on lid
- Limited edition- How to marry eye shadow, as highlight
- Concrete- eye shadow, to shade crease
- Wedge- eye shadow, to blend
- Blacktrack- liner, top lash line
- Stubbed brown & Concrete- eye shadow, Bottom lash line with 212# brush.
- 48# lash primed on the inside to make more feline with 36# lashes
- Brows- Omega- eye shadow & fling- brow pencil, applied with 266# brush, then went round with 212# brush & concealer.
Outfit I was lucky enough to wear a beautiful Gold dress, faux fur stole and seamed tights supplied by Deadly is the female. They are a boutique clothing store based in Frome, selling glamorous vintage inspired clothes, shoes and accessories.