Nicola Smyth Hairdressers in Leamington spa organised a charity event to raise money for Myton Hospice and to celebrate their 1 year Birthday.
I did the makeup, whilst they did the hair on the models for the Catwalk show. A makeup appointment with me was raffled off in their auction.
It was a fantastic event, they raised £600. I have had the pleasure of working with Nicola Smyth hairdressers a few times, whether its been weddings or fashion, I'm always impressed with their stunning hair styling, cutting and colouring. I have my hair done with them, and would highly recommend them.
Wedding, my Makeup on a beautiful Bride, Bridesmaids and mother of the Bride. With a list of products used.
It was a great pleasure being part of this wedding, we had a lovely morning. I did the makeup on the bride, her two bridesmaids and her mum.
Key Products used on the Bride:
- Painterly Paint pot MAC- water resistant eyeshadow base that stops the eyeshadow creasing and wearing off
- Shale eyeshadow MAC
- Quarry eyeshadow MAC
- Shadowy lady eyeshadow MAC
- Pro Longwear eye liner Rich Experience- 12-hour waterproof formula
- Blacktrack- gel liner
- Strobe cream
- Prep + Prime Natural Radiance- Hydrates and primes to help the foundation to last, control oil and promote smooth texture.
- Elizabeth Arden cream foundation
- Pro longwear & moisture cover concealer MAC
- Mineralize powder
- Hush highlighter MAC
- Harmony MAC blush- to contour
Time taken: 10mins
Products used: All MAC
- Ebony lip liner
- Currant lip liner
- Pro lipmix Magenta & Red
- Clear lipglass
- Lip brush #231
Behind the scenes from the 'Hooker Heels' video shoot featuring Sneakbo. Makeup artist Naomi Mckeever.
Tanika is a very talented artist I've had the pleasure of doing makeup on many times. Sorry about my unruly hair, lol.
filmed & edited by Deekstar.
Before this shoot I designed a ProChart to help me plan the colour palette and the mood of the makeup. This is also a great tool to show the photographer and designer what you envisage for the makeup, without taking the time applying the makeup and then for the designer not to like the look.
I would highly recommend any makeup artist to invest in some ProCharts to help you plan, create & communicate your makeup design- www.prochart.co.uk
The outfits were designed specifically for the shoot.
Products used: all MAC
- Smolder pencil - sketched through crease
- Carbon eyeshadow - with brush #266 over Smolder
- kid eyeshadow - to blend out the black through the socket line
- Paradisco - pressed onto eyelid
- Blacktrack fluidline - used with the 263# brush along the top lashline and in the inner and outer bottom lashline
- Liquidlast liner- Point black, to help it last and the black look darker
- To the future - Pro longwear lipstick
Embryolisse is a moisturizer that is a skincare must have. From working at fashion week I learnt that it was models' and makeup artists' secret weapon. This moisturizer made by Lait-Creme Concentre has been available in French pharmacies for over 60 years. I use it on my own skin as I have extremely sensitive and dehydrated skin, which tends to react to most products but this one works like a dream.
The only down side is its not easy to get hold of if you don't live in France, so if you go on holiday there its worth popping into one of their pharmacies as its quite cheap there.
Here is a UK based site you can purchase it from - http://www.gurumakeupemporium.com/Embryolisse-24-Hour-Miracle-Cream-Lait-Creme-Concentre-75ml
Here are a few photo's from the gorgeous wedding I did the makeup for in Wales. I stayed in the hotel the night before, as it was about 4 hours from my house, and had such a lovely morning with them all. We got the opportunity to get to know each other and have a good old gossip and lots of fun. I did the makeup for the bride, four bridesmaids, two flower girls and a guest.
I had already done the wedding makeup for Kate's sister Rebecca about 4 years ago, who was one of her bridesmaids.
For Kate's flowers girls the mums wanted a tiny bit of makeup so they felt involved and special, so I used a small amount of blush and a tinted lip conditioner.
Please leave a comment if you want to know any of the products I used! x
Bourjois kindly sent me a collection of their new products to try.
- HEALTHY MIX SERUM FOUNDATION
- VOLUME CLUBBING BLACK JACK MASCARA
- BEAUTY'FULL VOLUME MASCARA
- HEALTHY BALANCE UNIFYING POWDER
- SMOKY EYES TRIO EYESHADOW in 13 brun wood & 14 vert jungle
- QUEEN ATTITUDE KHÔL KAJAL
- LITTLE ROUND POT INTENSE EYESHADOW in #4 & #10
I like to try the products on my skin before I use them on clients so here's some pictures of my makeup after my experiment.
The makeup I used on myself and a mini review of a few of my favorite Bourjois products-
MAC- Prep and Prime skin- As you can tell if you have read my previous posts I always use a primer before applying foundation as it gets your makeup to last on your skin, and helps with a smooth application of foundation.
HEALTHY MIX SERUM FOUNDATION- 16 hour radiance booster- A while ago they had sent me Healthy mix serum which I love for a natural finish foundation. Even though it is a sheer foundation it still covers redness, it has a natural satin finish that mimics the look of radiant skin, not too shiny not too matt.
MAC- Studio finish concealer- I have spot prone skin so need to go back with concealer in target areas, this MAC concealer is a full coverage.
HEALTHY BALANCE UNIFYING POWDER- This powder is ultra fine so sets the foundation without looking powdery and dry.
SMOKY EYES TRIO EYESHADOW- I used the three eye shadows from the 13 brun wood pallet, I've got to say I am picky with eyeshadows but these were easy to blend and did have a good colour pay off. I was a fan of this colour combination this palette comes with a olive green, warm red and black, these colours suit a lot of people but especially green eyes as the red in the brown will make green eyes look brighter.
LITTLE ROUND POT INTENSE EYESHADOW- I went back into the outer crease of my eye with the #10 black mineral based eyeshadow as you only need a small amount to create drama.
VOLUME CLUBBING BLACK JACK MASCARA- This mascara is great if you like volume, you can really build up your lashes to create drama.
QUEEN ATTITUDE KHÔL KAJAL- I used this all around my eye and in my waterline, it does last well in the waterline.
MAC- Oak lip pencil, To the future pro longwear lipstick & clear lipglass.
Before a photoshoot with a designer I designed this ProChart using LITTLE ROUND POT INTENSE EYESHADOW in #4 & QUEEN ATTITUDE KHÔL KAJAL.
You can purchase Bourjois products from- www.bourjois.co.uk
If you want to design makeup looks you can purchase the blank Procharts from- www.prochart.co.uk
Here are a few photos I came across from doing the lovely Pixie Lott's makeup. Pixie and her mum are a lot of fun to work with, they are so friendly and chatty. For this performance I used all MAC makeup, in this post I will include a list of the products I used.
You can get the headwear that Pixie Lott has on and other beautiful jewelry from www.rocknrose.co.uk
I used all MAC makeup:
- Prep & Prime- skin
- Prep & Prime highlighter - light boost
- Face & Body foundation
- Select coverup
- Blot powder
- Harmony blush - to contour
- Give me sun - brozer
- Cream blush - Something Special
- Extra dimension highlighter - Whisper of gilt
- Quite natural - Paint pot
- MAC Pro Chromaline - Black Black, Gel liner blended over lid to provide a waterproof, long-wearing jet black eye
- Mac Pro Pigment - Black Black
- Omega eyeshadow, to blend
- Feline pencil Pencil, in the water line
- #36 False lashes
- Omega eyeshadow, used with an angle brush
- Lingering brow pencil, to add definition
- Boldly Bare- lip liner
- To the future - pro longwear lipstick
You can get MAC products from- www.maccosmetics.co.uk
Follow Pixie on- www.facebook.com/pixielott