Products used: all MAC
- Smolder pencil - sketched through crease
- Carbon eyeshadow - with brush #266 over Smolder
- kid eyeshadow - to blend out the black through the socket line
- Paradisco - pressed onto eyelid
- Blacktrack fluidline - used with the 263# brush along the top lashline and in the inner and outer bottom lashline
- Liquidlast liner- Point black, to help it last and the black look darker
- To the future - Pro longwear lipstick
I painted a Harry Potter painting for my sister in law's Christmas present. I used Acrylic paint on 24'' x 30'' canvas. In this post I've included photos from a few of the stages.
Here are some backstage photo's of my makeup from the Royston and Blythe fashion show. The Key makeup artist who designed the looks was the lovely Danni Smith, it was great to be part of her team; thought her looks were beautiful.
I found some old images from when I did makeup on Pixie Geldof for the British fashion awards in 2009. She wanted a slightly vampy look, with a 90s influence.
Ath-elite is the skin led trend of this season with plump, ultra hydrated healthy skin. Using glossy highlights not shimmer. To achieve this look on the skin you will have to invest time massaging in layers of moisturiser, minimal foundation and concealing only where needed.
Some of the key MAC Products used backstage -
- Prep + Prime Skin Compact
- Chromographic Pencil in NC15 – NW25
- Mixing Medium Shine
- Mineralize Charged Gel Emulsion
- Care Blends Essential Oils
- Studio Sculpt SPF15 Foundation
- Mineralize Skinfinish Natural
- Fusion Gold Metal-X Cream Eye Shadow
- Palladium Metal-X Cream Eye Shadow
- Boldly Bare Lip Pencil
- Fling Eye Brows
- Mink Eye Brows
- Beguile Brow Set
- Clear Brow Set
- Mid-tone Sepia Cream Colour Base
- MAC PRO Bone Beige Sculpting Powder
- Luna Cream Colour Base
- Pearl Cream Colour Base
- MAC PRO Gloss Texture Story
- Boot Black Liquid Liner
- Blacktrack Fluidline
- Smolder Eye Kohl
- Fix+ Spray
- Lip Conditioner SPF 15
- Clear Lipglass
- Dim Lip Erase
- Hush, Hush Tendertone Lip Balm SPF 12T
Marios Schwab was one of my favourite looks that fell into the Ath-elite trend here's how to recreate it:
- Studio Moisture Tint SPF 15 – blended over skin to hydrate and provide a light natural finish to skin.
- Shell Cream Colour Base – blended over the high planes to highlight.
- Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder – dusted over the center of the face for a light.
- Clear Brow Set — applied through the brow for a light groom.
- Smolder Eye Kohl — blended through both upper and lower lashes with 212 Flat Definer Brush.
- Boot Black Liquid Liner — drawn through the upper and lower lashline to define and elongate eyes.
- MAC Pro NW25/NC30 Chromagraphic Pencil — applied through the waterline of lower lashes to open eyes.
- Studio Moisture Tint SPF 15 — blended over lips for a customized nude pout.
Contouring and highlighting
You can use contouring and highlighting to sculpt your face.
Starting with contouring; matt products work best as they visually push those areas back to create a shadow affect. MAC Harmony blusher is great for this.
Where you place your contouring depends on your face shape, though most people wouldn't say no to super model cheek bones. For that, start with a 168 angle brush at the top of your ears and blend to the corners of the mouth.
Other areas for contouring and slimming down are the sides of the nose, the temples and around the forehead and under chin.
For highlighting you can use a concealer MAC select moisturecover in a lighter shade than your face, this also gives a natural satin finish when done with a 217 blending brush.
For a more high shine metallic finish use MAC mineralize-soft and gentle or vanilla- pigment with a 227 large fluff brush.
Use it where the light hits your face on the high points and anywhere you want to accentuate, such as top of cheek bones, down the centre of the nose to slim and cupids bow to make lips look pouty.