Here are a few photo’s from a shoot I did the makeup for designer ooh la latex, photographer Julian M Kilsby, model is the lovely Jodi Lakin.
The outfits designed specifically for the shoot.
Here are a few photo's from a shoot I did the makeup for designer ooh la latex, photographer Julian M Kilsby, model is the lovely Jodi Lakin.
The outfits designed specifically for the shoot.
Whilst on my work trip to Istanbul I picked up a Turkish Vogue, from which I thought I'd share my favourite bits.
In this blog post I thought I'd upload the ProChart I designed for doing Rita Ora's makeup for a preformance. I wanted to show the products and technics I used to create the ProChart.
The ProCharts use textured, recycled paper so you can apply makeup straight to them to design your look.
Just thought I'd upload a photo of me after working at BBC's The One Show; I worked with Helen Harrel making up some of the guests including Heston Blumenthal, he was on the show talking about his new series hestons fantastical food. This Christmas bauble was a Christmas dinner all in one!
I know this isn't linked with makeup but if you're like me and enjoy food programs, here's a link to his new series on 4OD-
I was extremely lucky to be sent to Istanbul in Turkey by the company I work for - MAC cosmetics. They ran a world wide three month competition for their artists. Joe, Sarah and I are from the UK, we went with other artists from every country that has a MAC store. Every MAC artist was so lovely, it felt like one big MAC family.
Here's a video I've made with some of the pictures from the trip.
I found some old images from when I did makeup on Pixie Geldof for the British fashion awards in 2009. She wanted a slightly vampy look, with a 90s influence.
I had a great day teaching at Swindon college. The day was focused on fashion make-up. Starting by discussing my background in Fine art and a powerpoint presentation of my portfolio going through what I did to create each look.
I gave a demo then held a workshop so they could do make-up on each other.
For their main makeup workshop I wanted them to get an idea of what you do as the key make-up artist on a catwalk show; for this the key make-up artist works with the designer and key hair stylist to take inspiration from the collection. I acted as the fashion designer explaining my inspiration, which was the painter Paul Gauguin.
This is post two of a three part blog on the shoot I had with Julian M Kilsby and Model Integra Fairbrook, using clothes from Designer Ooh la Latex.
Makeup look 2
The look has developed from the first photo's in this blog, where Julian used moody lighting through to the later pictures which used a lighter lighting set up. I started with olive tones on the eyes then deepened using similar shades but altering the shape of the eye.
- Heat up the MAC Face & body foundation by massaging it in between the palms of your hand, this will make the product thicker and give more coverage.
- Use MAC Studio finish concealer where needed.
- Set with translucent finishing powder.
- I contoured from the top of the ear to the corner of the mouth with Strada blush.
(For tip's on preparing the skin click on this link - http://www.naomimckeever.com/archives/59 )
- For Integra's eyes I used MAC pro paint sticks in Landscape Green and Black Black, they are great to use as they are highly pigmented with a creamy consistency.
- I set the paint stick with a deep olive pigment, MAC antique green.
- Finish with MAC feline eye pencil in the waterline.
- The rich burgundy lipstick was Media with clear lipglass to finish.
In the final post I will cover the next look I did on the same shoot with Julian, so please come back to visit my site for more tips.
Ath-elite is the skin led trend of this season with plump, ultra hydrated healthy skin. Using glossy highlights not shimmer. To achieve this look on the skin you will have to invest time massaging in layers of moisturiser, minimal foundation and concealing only where needed.
Some of the key MAC Products used backstage -
- Prep + Prime Skin Compact
- Chromographic Pencil in NC15 – NW25
- Mixing Medium Shine
- Mineralize Charged Gel Emulsion
- Care Blends Essential Oils
- Studio Sculpt SPF15 Foundation
- Mineralize Skinfinish Natural
- Fusion Gold Metal-X Cream Eye Shadow
- Palladium Metal-X Cream Eye Shadow
- Boldly Bare Lip Pencil
- Fling Eye Brows
- Mink Eye Brows
- Beguile Brow Set
- Clear Brow Set
- Mid-tone Sepia Cream Colour Base
- MAC PRO Bone Beige Sculpting Powder
- Luna Cream Colour Base
- Pearl Cream Colour Base
- MAC PRO Gloss Texture Story
- Boot Black Liquid Liner
- Blacktrack Fluidline
- Smolder Eye Kohl
- Fix+ Spray
- Lip Conditioner SPF 15
- Clear Lipglass
- Dim Lip Erase
- Hush, Hush Tendertone Lip Balm SPF 12T
Marios Schwab was one of my favourite looks that fell into the Ath-elite trend here's how to recreate it:
- Studio Moisture Tint SPF 15 – blended over skin to hydrate and provide a light natural finish to skin.
- Shell Cream Colour Base – blended over the high planes to highlight.
- Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder – dusted over the center of the face for a light.
- Clear Brow Set — applied through the brow for a light groom.
- Smolder Eye Kohl — blended through both upper and lower lashes with 212 Flat Definer Brush.
- Boot Black Liquid Liner — drawn through the upper and lower lashline to define and elongate eyes.
- MAC Pro NW25/NC30 Chromagraphic Pencil — applied through the waterline of lower lashes to open eyes.
- Studio Moisture Tint SPF 15 — blended over lips for a customized nude pout.