Wedding, my Makeup on a beautiful Bride, Bridesmaids and mother of the Bride. With a list of products used.
It was a great pleasure being part of this wedding, we had a lovely morning. I did the makeup on the bride, her two bridesmaids and her mum.
Key Products used on the Bride:
- Painterly Paint pot MAC- water resistant eyeshadow base that stops the eyeshadow creasing and wearing off
- Shale eyeshadow MAC
- Quarry eyeshadow MAC
- Shadowy lady eyeshadow MAC
- Pro Longwear eye liner Rich Experience- 12-hour waterproof formula
- Blacktrack- gel liner
- Strobe cream
- Prep + Prime Natural Radiance- Hydrates and primes to help the foundation to last, control oil and promote smooth texture.
- Elizabeth Arden cream foundation
- Pro longwear & moisture cover concealer MAC
- Mineralize powder
- Hush highlighter MAC
- Harmony MAC blush- to contour
Products used: all MAC
- Smolder pencil - sketched through crease
- Carbon eyeshadow - with brush #266 over Smolder
- kid eyeshadow - to blend out the black through the socket line
- Paradisco - pressed onto eyelid
- Blacktrack fluidline - used with the 263# brush along the top lashline and in the inner and outer bottom lashline
- Liquidlast liner- Point black, to help it last and the black look darker
- To the future - Pro longwear lipstick
Embryolisse is a moisturizer that is a skincare must have. From working at fashion week I learnt that it was models' and makeup artists' secret weapon. This moisturizer made by Lait-Creme Concentre has been available in French pharmacies for over 60 years. I use it on my own skin as I have extremely sensitive and dehydrated skin, which tends to react to most products but this one works like a dream.
The only down side is its not easy to get hold of if you don't live in France, so if you go on holiday there its worth popping into one of their pharmacies as its quite cheap there.
Here is a UK based site you can purchase it from - http://www.gurumakeupemporium.com/Embryolisse-24-Hour-Miracle-Cream-Lait-Creme-Concentre-75ml
Here are a few photos I came across from doing the lovely Pixie Lott's makeup. Pixie and her mum are a lot of fun to work with, they are so friendly and chatty. For this performance I used all MAC makeup, in this post I will include a list of the products I used.
You can get the headwear that Pixie Lott has on and other beautiful jewelry from www.rocknrose.co.uk
I used all MAC makeup:
- Prep & Prime- skin
- Prep & Prime highlighter - light boost
- Face & Body foundation
- Select coverup
- Blot powder
- Harmony blush - to contour
- Give me sun - brozer
- Cream blush - Something Special
- Extra dimension highlighter - Whisper of gilt
- Quite natural - Paint pot
- MAC Pro Chromaline - Black Black, Gel liner blended over lid to provide a waterproof, long-wearing jet black eye
- Mac Pro Pigment - Black Black
- Omega eyeshadow, to blend
- Feline pencil Pencil, in the water line
- #36 False lashes
- Omega eyeshadow, used with an angle brush
- Lingering brow pencil, to add definition
- Boldly Bare- lip liner
- To the future - pro longwear lipstick
You can get MAC products from- www.maccosmetics.co.uk
Follow Pixie on- www.facebook.com/pixielott
The Advanced Photographer Magazine shoot was a Sigma competition for a number of photographers. I did the makeup on the beautiful model Chloe-Jasmine Whichello. The eight finalists got to spend the day shooting in a studio with top fashion photographer Dave Kai Piper. The stunning jewellery was by Lodichka Jewellery.
The key products I used on this shoot were-
- MAC Studio sculpt foundation
- MAC Posey cream blusher
- MAC Pearl cream colour base
- MAC copperplate eyeshadow
- MAC Blacktrack fluidline eye liner
- Ardell demi wispy false lashes
- MAC Beet lip liner
- MAC Craving lipstick
Here are some tear sheets from the Advanced Photographer Magazine.
Here's some behind the scenes photos by Martin Gillman. martingillman.co.uk
This is one of photographer Dave Kai Piper images. www.davekaipiper.co.uk
One of the photographers Kate from LKPhotography sent me a few of the amazing photos from the day. www.lkphotography.co.uk
It was a real pleasure working with everyone involved! x
Photographer: Dave Kai Piper
Assistants: Paul McKelvie & Martin Gillman
Makeup artist: Naomi Mckeever
Styling & Art Direction: CJW
Jewellery: Lodichka Jewellery
Model: Chloe-Jasmine Whichello
Will Cheung: editor of Advanced Photographer
I found these behind the scenes photos of makeup I did for a cosmetic company a few years ago. Hair by my good friend Natalie Mitchell who's touring doing wig dressing for the theater production Oliver. I used all MAC products.
I painted a Harry Potter painting for my sister in law's Christmas present. I used Acrylic paint on 24'' x 30'' canvas. In this post I've included photos from a few of the stages.
Here are a few photo's from a shoot I did the makeup for designer ooh la latex, photographer Julian M Kilsby, model is the lovely Jodi Lakin.
The outfits designed specifically for the shoot.
Whilst on my work trip to Istanbul I picked up a Turkish Vogue, from which I thought I'd share my favourite bits.
In this blog post I thought I'd upload the ProChart I designed for doing Rita Ora's makeup for a preformance. I wanted to show the products and technics I used to create the ProChart.
The ProCharts use textured, recycled paper so you can apply makeup straight to them to design your look.