There is no other makeup product like glitter to add some seasonal sparkle, but unless you want to look like a fairy its worth making sure your glitters looked into place.
Products for adhering loose glitter-
- Illamasqua sealing gel- ether use a small layer of the gel over your eye makeup, then press glitter over the top. (I would highly recommend pressing on with fingers rather then a brush, as its extremely hard to get glitter out of brushes!) Or mix glitter with gel and press on top.
- MAC eyeliner mixing medium- Use in the same way as the Illamasqua sealing gel.
- DUO lash glue- press a very small amount or glue over eye lid using your fingers, then press glitter on top. The only problem with using duo lash glue is after a few hours it can feel sticky and uncomfortable. Also be careful not to get glue in your eye lashes or eyes.
For loose glitter don't be tempted to go for regular craft glitter as it can be made from sharp material that could scratch your eyes. Cosmetic glitter is made of special plastic that is non-toxic. It’s colored with pigment rather than dye, so that the color doesn’t leach out and stain. Cosmetic glitter is much finer than craft glitter, and the individual particles are usually rounded rather than gagged, instead go for specially designed glitter-
- MAC glitter (The reflects version is my favorite for beauty looks as its fine, but the chunky version is better for fashion photography as it will show up better).
- NYX Loose glitter powder (budget option, though I do prefer MAC reflects).
Tip: Always keep tape near when working with glitter as its the easiest way to pick up any drop down on the face, just rap the tape around two fingers and gently press on skin.
A nice way of applying glitter is using glitter liners, which are like the loose glitter but premixed with gel, this wont work as well for fashion makeup on a large area, but good for easy personal use or for on TV to makeup sure you don't get as much fall down.
- Urban Decay's Heavy Metal Eyeliner- (good painted on after all eye shadow and liner is applied.)
- Collection Glam Crystals Gel Eyeliner- (budget alternative, a brilliant makeup artist I've worked with at 'The One Show' recommended this product.)
Artical shared from my free 'Makeup Masters' app or for more articals, video tutorials, product reviews and more ether click on this link